Thursday, April 04, 2013

North Fitzroy mural of monkeys : The Giant Storybook Project

On my morning commute in February a gorgeous new artwork could be seen from the 112 tram. I knew I had to go back at my leisure to take some photos of it for this blog. Here they are:

 photo FitzMonkeyMURAL_zps24359d4c.jpg
639 Brunswick St, Fitzroy North, Melbourne

This is the nineth mural in a series that is part of The Giant Storybook Project. Check out the link to see the other images from the story around the world


 photo FitzMonkeyMURALcrop_zps16caa080.jpg
The mural covers this side of the building but also wraps around the other side with a surprise, extra monkey. I'll try to get back there another day to get a picture of it for you. More images of work by other artists in this future post on the back wall of the building.

 photo FitzMonkeySQCROP_zps3b2143cc.jpg

 photo FitzMonkeyHEAD_zpsef994ac7.jpg

 photo FitzMonkeyBUGS_zpsb0407933.jpg

No comments: