Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bebeh sea critters

Listening to: Sex is on Fire by The Kings of Leon

I came online this morning to do some research on ocean acidification for one of my current artworks. I used my copy of National Geographic, special edition Changing Climate* as a starting point.

On the always wonderful National Geographic website I clicked on this photo gallery of juvenile marine creatures aka Marine Miniatures by David Liittschwager. It's nice to be reminded of how amazing, beautiful and diverse nature is in such humble, tiny organisms. Why should we care about what happens to them and other near microscopic critters? Aside from their revealed beauty, the smaller they are the bigger the impact on the food chain depending on them. There is a difference between insignificant and small!


*Purchased mid 2008. Sold alongside the regular NG.

No comments: