Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mark Denis - Painter


Friesian 3, detail
2009
oil on board

My brother Mark has just created an account and gallery at DeviantArt. He works in oils on home stretched canvas and more recently on board made of recycled wood from furniture. His favourite subjects are historical buildings, cats, Dutch style still life, and horses. He lovingly creates multi layered paintings with great attention to detail and observation of form. Mark is largely self taught with help from a bit of formal schooling, friends and family. As his elder sister I have mentored him. He also provides me with a sounding board to bounce ideas and artworks off, as I do for him. Mark's amazing paintings are one reason why I will never dabble in oils! That, and I'm very happy sculpting and making collages.

Mark Denis - Painter
Ink Dreams at DeviantArt

No comments: