Thursday, October 09, 2008

BibliOdyssey

If you like art and history combined but you don't check out BibliOdyssey regularly - or [gasp] you have never heard of it - then here's something to whet your appetite. Phwoar! It doesn't get much better than this. You can tell the author loves to fossick out the beautiful, strange and unusual but there is also a history to discover behind every image. The fantastic is complemented by the scientific, with the artistic melding it all together.

The obligatory* book that this popular blog's (Australian) author has published is worth seeking out for more than its wonderfully macabre cover! It inspired me to rummage through my old books and share a few of my favourite vintage clippings here.


*I say this in a good way since many of my favourite sites have accompanying publications.

No comments: