Monday, April 11, 2016
a small handful of fresh basil leaves
a smaller quantity of parsley (optional)
one to two cloves of garlic depending on size
freshly ground salt and pepper
a small handful of roasted, salted cashews*
raw pasta for one
While pasta is cooking:
1. Rip herbs into smaller pieces and add to mortar. Grind.
2. Add peeled garlic and grind.
3. Add nuts and grind.
4. You should end up with a bright green, thick paste like this. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add a handful of grated parmesan and a good slurp of olive oil. Stir with flexible spatula into a thick paste.
6. Put ripped or chopped up fresh spinach leaves into a colander. Drain your freshly cooked pasta through colander to cook spinach.
7.Tip contents of colander into large bowl, and stir through pesto. Serve immediately.
* or pinenuts or any roasted nut you like. Unroasted peanuts and macademias should work well
Off the Kerb gallery.
Sunday, March 20, 2016
Meerkat family at Werribee Open Range Zoo recently welcomed two new additions. A coworker of mine told me about it after seeing it on the news. I made sure I visited within a week to see these sweet little fuzzballs who grow up rather quickly. Both pups were suckling much less on my second visit. I saw one of the pups eating something solid. It was very keen not to let any other meerkat get too close!
A perched meerkat with its eyes shut - albeit temporarily - is a rare sight.
A chilled out sentry.
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Sunday, February 28, 2016
Homemade #slushy with my #Bamix
I call this one the Pink Bounty. It's a cup full of frozen #watermelon, a tablespoon of desiccated #coconut - have previously used fresh coconut - and a pinch of #rawcacaonibs with a cup of water
#plasticfree #thesourcebrunswick #ilovemybamix
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Mean while The Big Top in red, in this new context resembles female gentalia with an engorged clitoris/piercing.
Normally it has those paths and another set which looks like a bra.